The 47thInternational Film Festival of India is all set to be held in Goa from the 20th November to 28th November 2016.The Directorate of Film Festivals of the Union Ministry of Information & Broadcasting organizes the festival in association with the Entertainment Society of Goa. All Over 200 films, representing 88 countries have been selected for this year’s festival.
Korean Writer and Director Kwon TaekIm will be honored with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ this year. Singer, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam would be honored with the Centenary Award for Indian Film Personality of the Year 2016.
In Association with the International Council for Film, Television and Audiovisual Communication (ICFT), Paris and UNESCO would also present the “ICFT- UNESCO Gandhi Medal” to a film, which reflects the ideals of peace, tolerance and non-violence. A number of Master Classes and Workshops will be conducted by with the international personalities. This initiative would help independent filmmakers to promote their work across the globe”.
Date: 20th November -28th November 2016.
Time: 8am to 9pm.
- Old Goa Medical College (GMC) Building– The administrative base of the Directorate of Film Festivals.
- Maquinez Palace– Master Classes, Workshops, Film Screenings.
- Kala Academy– The Delegate Registration And Kit Desk, Ticket Counters, Auditoriums, Master Classes.
- INOX Multiplex – Film Screenings, Red Carpet Events
- Shyama Prasad Stadium– For Opening and Closing Ceremony.